- What goes in the cart
- Single-stream blue recycling cart
- What happens to my curbside recycling
- Bulky item collection
Locate Drop-off Recycling Centers
Eligible for California Refund Value (CRV)
- Beer and malt beverages
- Wine coolers and distilled spirit coolers
- Carbonated fruit drinks, water or soft drinks
- Noncarbonated fruit drinks, water or soft drinks
- Coffee & tea beverages
- 100% fruit juice less than 46 oz.
- Vegetable juice 16 oz. or less
- Sports Drinks
Not Eligible for California Refund Value (CRV)
- Medical food
- Infant formula
- 100% fruit juice 46 oz. or more
- 100% vegetable juice more than 16 oz.
- Food and other non-beverage containers
Do you want to redeem your CRV bottles & cans?
Select carbonated and non-carbonated beverages sold in aluminum cans, glass and plastic bottles require a deposit.
The California Redemption Value (CRV) is 5 cents for containers less than 24 ounces and 10 cents for containers 24 ounces or larger. This deposit is redeemable at any certified redemption center.
Effective January 31, 2016, many of the RePlanet California Refund Value (CRV) buyback locations in Sonoma County closed
- CalRecycle, officially known as the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, administers the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act.
- RePlanet, the state’s largest operator of beverage container recycling centers in the state, closed almost 200 locations throughout the state effective January 31. These centers primarily purchased only California Redemption Value (CRV) beverage containers. This represents 10% of all certified recycling centers and the majority of these closures were located in Northern California. RePlanet’s decision to close locations was related primarily to a decline in commodity pricing. See RePlanet’s statement
- See the list of current CRV buyback centers by looking on the CalRecycle webpage. In addition, for CRV and non-CRV recycling centers, use the drop-down menu on this web page.
- For more information about the CRV buyback program, visit California’s Beverage Container Recycling Program. For public complaints about buyback centers, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-RECYCLE(732-9253).
Find a Drop-off Location
Tips for visiting redemption centers:
- State law requires recycling centers to pay California Redemption Value (CRV) refunds for loads that contain ONLY eligible CRV beverage containers.
- Non-CRV materials must be removed from the load, or at the discretion of the recycling center, the load may be rejected or receive only scrap value. Please recycle your non-CRV materials at drop-off recycling centers that will accept the material or through curbside recycling
- Redeem up to 50 CRV beverage containers of each material type (50 glass, 50 aluminum, 50 plastic) per day by count. More than 50 CRV beverage containers will be redeemed by weight.